Cheryl's Famous Pizza Sauce
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- crushed red pepper, to taste and optional
Step 1: Saute onions in olive oil until translucent.
Step 2: Add garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 15 minutes. You can substitute 1 can whole tomatoes, roughly chopped in a food processor, plus 1/4 cup of tomato paste for the 1 can of tomato sauce.