Pan-Seared Veal Chops
- Six 12-ounce veal rib chops, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
Step 1: Rub the veal chops all over with the olive oil, chopped rosemary and black pepper. Let the chops stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Step 2: In a very large skillet, cook the butter over moderately high heat until it starts to brown, about 1 minute. Season the veal chops with salt. Add them to the skillet and pan-fry over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until golden and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of one of the chops registers 125°, about 15 minutes.
Step 3: Transfer the chops to a serving platter.
Step 4: Add the lemon juice and water to the skillet and cook for 1 minute, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon. Pour the pan sauce over the veal chops and serve at once.