Date Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored crisco, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
Step 1: Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cookie sheets with parchment or baking mat
Step 2: Add flour, baking soda, and salt to a bowl and set aside.
Step 3: Beat brown sugar, butter , and orange peel until light and fluffy about 3 to 4 minutes.
Step 4: Add eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated in the batter. Mix in vanilla.
Step 5: Add flour mixture to the batter and mix until just incorporated. Add dates and nuts and mix well.
Step 6: Drop by rounded teaspoonful about 2 inches apart onto lined cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until light brown. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.