Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 40 cookies
- 6 ounces sugar (3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon)
- 14 ounces dark brown sugar (2 cups, packed)
- 8 ounces butter (melted, cooled) (2 sticks)
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 20 ounces all-purpose flour (4-1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 13 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces of 60% chocolate pistols
Step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 2: Melt butter, remove when melted and allow to come back to room temperature.
Step 3: Sift dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and gently whisk for 10 seconds to blend them together. Set aside.
Step 4: Add butter to sugars in the bowl of your stand mixer. Allow it to fully combine running the mixer on low speed, add in vanilla extract. Add eggs and yolks one at a time. Combine fully.
Step 5: Add dry ingredients in scoopfuls. Mix to just combine. Pour in chocolate pieces, and just combine.
Step 6: Scoop out the dough into small balls using an cookie scooper. Evenly place balls a few inches apart on a parchment lined sheet tray.
Step 7: Bake until light and golden in appearance (for 8 minutes, rotate, then bake for 8 minutes more).