Adapted from Bon Appetit, November 2001
Makes 6 mini loaves
- 3-1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 3 cups canned pure pumpkin (about 24 ounces)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray six 5-3/4 x 3-1/4 x 2-inch baby loaf pans with nonstick spray.
Step 2: Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and all spice in medium bowl; whisk to blend.
Step 3: Using electric mixer, beat pure pumpkin and both sugars in large bowl until blended. Gradually beat in oil, then eggs 1 at a time, then minced ginger and vanilla.
Step 4: Stir in dry ingredients in 4 additions alternately with buttermilk in 3 additions. Divide batter among prepared pans.
Step 5: Bake breads until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in pans. Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; store at room temperature.