Adapted from Tyler Florence: Tyler's Ultimate: Brilliant Simple Food to Make Anytime
Makes 4-6 servings
- 3 cups coarsely chopped fresh tomatoes (about 6 large tomatoes)
- 3 cups cubed and seeded fresh watermelon (about 8 ounces)
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill, plus more sprigs for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
Step 1: Puree half of the tomatoes, watermelon, and cucumber in a food processor.
Step 2: Chop the remaining tomato, watermelon, and cucumber into a small dice and add to the puree.
Step 3: Finely mince the red onion and jalapeno peppers and add to the soup mixture.
Step 4: Add sherry vinegar, olive oil and salt/pepper to taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste
Step 5: Sprinkle the soup with feta cheese and garnish with dill. The soup should be served at room temperature.