Oven Roasted Vegetables
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 10 ounces)
- 1 fennel bulb, scrubbed, trimmed, and cut into wedges (about 1 pound)
- 8 ounces new red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, cut in half
- 4 large shallots, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Step 2: Toss sweet potato, fennel, new potatoes, mushrooms, and shallots with oil, 1 tablespoon of the vinegar, and the salt in a large roasting pan.
Step 3: Roast, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, stirring and tossing once or twice, until the vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
Step 4: Place roasted vegetables in a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining vinegar, and serve warm or at room temperature.