Lynne Yao's Chinese-Style Green Beans
- 2-3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot chili flakes, to taste
- Sesame seeds
Step 1: In a large saute pan or skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
Step 2: Add the beans and fry for a couple of minutes.
Step 3: Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup water to large skillet with green beans and bring to a boil over high heat.
Step 4: Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, and chili flakes to the pan, cover, and cook until beans are tender.
Step 5: Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and serve the beans hot.