- Breakfast, Brunch, and Eggs
- Fish and Shellfish
- Meats and Poultry
- Pasta and Rice
- Pizza, Flatbreads, and Savory Tarts
- Sides and Vegetables
- Black Pepper Tofu
- Brown Sugar-Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- Browned Butter Corn with Basil
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Deep Fried Artichokes
- Eggplant Parmigiana
- Green Olive Couscous
- Gujarati Undhiyo
- Ina Garten's Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Lentils with Broiled Eggplant
- Lentils with Roasted Peppers, Tomatoes, and Onions
- Lynne Yao's Chinese-Style Green Beans
- Melanzane Con Uova al Forno
- Melanzane alla Parmigiana
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Pan-Roasted Asparagus
- Pan-Roasted Green Beans
- Roasted Cauliflower
- Roasted Parsnips and Sweet Potatoes with Caper Vinaigrette
- Rudy's Old-Fashioned Bread Stuffing
- Sauteed Broccoli Rabe
- Sicilian Stuffed Artichokes
- Soba Noodles with Eggplant and Mango
- The LaNasa Family Green Bean and Artichoke Casserole
- Soup, Salads, and Stews
The LaNasa Family Green Bean and Artichoke Casserole
Submitted by administrator on Mon, 08/22/2011 - 13:18
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen french green beans
- 1 can (14 ounce) of artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Step 1: Blanche fresh or frozen green beans in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
Step 2: In a medium-sized bowl, mix bread crumbs, parsley, salt and freshly ground pepper.
Step 3: Heat 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil in 12-to 14-inch skillet. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, being careful not to burn.
Step 4: Add quartered artichoke hearts and green beans to skillet, then add bread crumbs. Saute until bread crumbs are toasted about 5 to 10 minutes. If mixture is dry, add more olive oil.
Step 5: Transfer green bean mixture to square casserole dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Broil at 500 degrees for 5 minutes, until cheese melts and bubbles.
Step 6: Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with more parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.