The LaNasa Family Green Bean and Artichoke Casserole
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen french green beans
- 1 can (14 ounce) of artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Step 1: Blanche fresh or frozen green beans in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
Step 2: In a medium-sized bowl, mix bread crumbs, parsley, salt and freshly ground pepper.
Step 3: Heat 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil in 12-to 14-inch skillet. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, being careful not to burn.
Step 4: Add quartered artichoke hearts and green beans to skillet, then add bread crumbs. Saute until bread crumbs are toasted about 5 to 10 minutes. If mixture is dry, add more olive oil.
Step 5: Transfer green bean mixture to square casserole dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Broil at 500 degrees for 5 minutes, until cheese melts and bubbles.
Step 6: Transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with more parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.