- Breakfast, Brunch, and Eggs
- Fish and Shellfish
- Meats and Poultry
- Pasta and Rice
- Pizza, Flatbreads, and Savory Tarts
- Sides and Vegetables
- Soup, Salads, and Stews
- Arugula Salad with Blue Cheese and Roasted Fresh Figs Wrapped in Pancetta
- Arugula Salad with Toasted Breadcrumbs and Pistachios
- Dorie Greenspan's Crab and Grapefruit Salad
- Frisee Salad with Oranges, Goat Cheese and Pecans
- Insalata Caprese
- John Besh's Heirloom Salad
- Shaved Fennel Salad with Blood Oranges, Pecorino, and Pomegranates
- Sicilian Orange, Fennel and Red Onion Salad
Arugula Salad with Blue Cheese and Roasted Fresh Figs Wrapped in Pancetta
Submitted by cheryl on Sun, 07/17/2011 - 09:07
This recipe is my version of a salad I had while dining at a restaurant in North Beach in San Francisco.
- Fresh Mission Figs
- Blue cheese, crumbled or Humboldt Fog Goat Cheese (pictured above)
For the Dressing:
- Juice from one lemon
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- A little bit of lemon zest
- olive oil
Step 1: For the dressing: whisk first 5 ingredients together. Then stream in olive oil to taste. The traditional method uses 1 part acid to 2 parts oil.
Step 2: To roast the fresh figs: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wrap pancetta around figs. Use a toothpick if needed to secure pancetta around fig. Place on cookie sheet. Roast in oven for about 20 to 25 minutes.
Step 3: To assemble the salad: Toss dressing and arugula. Place a portion of the arugula in serving bowl, place figs around arugula and sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese.