- Pizza dough (Click on pizza dough for recipe)
- 1/2 pound bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup green peppers, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pizza sauce (see recipe below)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1 recipe for Cheryl's famous pizza sauce (click on Cheryl's famous pizza sauce for recipe)
Step 1: Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees.
Step 2: With greased fingers, pat dough onto an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan or a 14" X 17" cookie sheet.
Step 3: In a large skillet, cook the sausage and green pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
Step 4: Spread pizza sauce over crust. Top with sausage mixture and sliced mushrooms; sprinkle with cheese.
Step 5: Bake at 450° for 12 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.