- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup half and half or light cream
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Step 2: Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl.
Step 3: Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and half and half.
Step 4: Pour into pie shell.
Step 5: Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
Step 6: Serve immediately or refrigerate. Do not freeze as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling.