- Breakfast, Brunch, and Eggs
- Fish and Shellfish
- Meats and Poultry
- Pasta and Rice
- Basic Pasta Dough
- Braised Beef Short Rib and Caramelized Onion Ravioli with Wild Mushroom Cream Sauce
- Bucatini all' Amatriciana
- Butternut Squash Gnocchi With Sage Brown Butter
- Cannelloni al Forno
- Dan Dan Noodles
- Fettuccine al Limone
- Gnocchi con Ricotta
- Gnocchi di Patate
- John Besh's Crawfish Agnolotti with Morels
- Lasagna Bolognese
- Lasagna Ricotta e Spinaci
- Lemon and Eggplant Risotto
- Linguine Mendiant (Beggar's Linguine)
- Linguine con le Vongole
- Lobster Fra Diavolo
- Maccheroni alla Chitarra and Bottarga
- Mario Batali's Black and White Strichetti with Baccala and Marjoram
- Pansotti Con Salsa di Noci (Pansotti with Walnut Sauce)
- Pasta alla Carbonara
- Pasta alla Norma
- Pasta with Eggplant Pesto
- Pork and Crab Soup Dumplings (Xiao Long Bao)
- Risotto aux Girolles
- Saffron Rice with Chorizo and Shrimp (Arroz con Chorizo y Camarones)
- Saffron Risotto with Asparagus
- Shrimp Risotto
- Sicilian Ricotta Ravioli
- Sicilian-Style Spaghetti
- Spaghetti al Pesto Trapanese (Spaghetti with Tomato Almond Pesto)
- Spaghetti con le Cozze
- Spaghetti with Caramelized Onions, Anchovies, and Toasted Bread Crumbs
- Spicy Black Bean Pasta with Cauliflower and Pine Nuts
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli
- Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Squid Ink (Black) Pasta Dough
- Summer Tomato Risotto
- Sun-Dried Tomato Fettuccine
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Pancetta, Chanterelles, Walnuts, and Sage
- The Yao Family's Chinese Pork and Vegetarian Dumplings
- Trenette con Pesto alla Genovese
- Veal Agnolotti
- Wild Mushroom Risotto
- Ziti with Tuscan-Style Cauliflower
- Pizza, Flatbreads, and Savory Tarts
- Sides and Vegetables
- Soup, Salads, and Stews
Saffron Rice with Chorizo and Shrimp (Arroz con Chorizo y Camarones)
Submitted by administrator on Sun, 03/11/2012 - 17:07
Makes 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound chorizo, sliced
- 2 cups medium grain rice, uncooked
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Step 1: Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan; saute shrimp until golden brown about 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
Step 2: Add 1 more tablespoon olive oil to the pan and add the onions and peppers, cook for about 5 minutes until onions and peppers are caramelized.
Step 3: Stir in the garlic, mix well. Cook until aromatic.
Step 4: Add the chorizo and cook for a couple of minutes until the oil fro the chorizo is released.
Step 5: Stir in the rice to coat the grains with oil, about 2 minutes.
Step 6: Pour in the stock stirring to remove any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the saffron and bring to a simmer.
Step 7: Cover and cook for about 18-20 minutes until the rice is tender and most of the stock is absorbed.
Step 8: Add the shrimp back into the rice and cover cover pan again. Cook to absorb the remaining liquid and the shrimp is cooked through.
Step 9: Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped parsley.