- Breakfast, Brunch, and Eggs
- Fish and Shellfish
- Meats and Poultry
- Alton Brown's Baby Back Ribs
- Amy's Tasty Pot Roast
- Blanquette de Veau
- Braciole di Vitello
- Calabrian Stuffed Eggplants
- Cheryl's Stove-Top Pulled Pork Barbecue
- Chicken Paillard with Fresh Peaches and Blue Cheese
- Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Piccata
- Ernesto's Peppercorn-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
- Italian Meatballs
- Leg of Lamb Stuffed with Wild Mushrooms and Greens
- Maria's Sausage, Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya
- Mario Batali's Arista alla Porchetta
- Martha Stewart's Braised Turkey Thighs with Applesauce
- Meat-Stuffed Hungarian Hot Peppers
- Moroccan Chicken with Eggplants, Tomatoes, and Almonds
- Osso Buco
- Osso Buco a' l'Arman
- Pan-Seared Veal Chops
- Pollo alla Cacciatora
- Pollo con Melanzane (Braised Chicken with Roasted Eggplant, Tomatoes, and Pancetta)
- Riso alla Pitocca (Traditional Rice with Chicken)
- Roasted Stuffed Cornish Game Hens
- Rudy's Italian Sausage
- Rudy's Roasted Boneless Turkey Breast
- Slow Cooker Venison Stew
- Twenty-Minute Honey Duck Breasts
- Tyler Florence's Bistro Style Short Ribs with Pureed Parsnips
- Tyler Florence's Perfect Roast Chicken
- Veal Stuffed with a Mosaic of Vegetables (Cima alla Genovese)
- Pasta and Rice
- Pizza, Flatbreads, and Savory Tarts
- Sides and Vegetables
- Soup, Salads, and Stews
Calabrian Stuffed Eggplants
Submitted by administrator on Mon, 07/29/2013 - 19:54
This is my parents' signature recipe and one of my favorite meals that they make. It's very delicious, easy to make, and a must try if you love eggplant like I do.
Makes 8 servings
- 4 large eggplants
- 2 to 3 pounds of meatball mixture (click on meatball for the recipe)
- Simple red sauce (click on simple red sauce for the recipe)
- Olive oil
Step 1: Cut eggplants in half lengthwise. Scoop out center pulp leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch walls. Reserve center pulp.
Step 2: Boil pulp until soft about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and puree cooked pulped in food processor.
Step 3: Add eggplant puree to the 4 pounds of meatball mixture. The meat mixture should be soft. If not soft, add water to soften the mixture. Mix well.
Step 4: Parboil the outer eggplant shells for 10 minutes.
Step 5: Stuff eggplant shells with meat mixture.
Step 6: Add olive oil to glass dish and arrange stuffed eggplants in baking dish.
Step 7: Bake at 350°F for at least 1 hour. Add 1/2 to 1 cup of simple red sauce to eggplants and bake for an additional 15 minutes.