Alton Brown's Baby Back Ribs
- 2 whole slabs pork baby back ribs
For the Dry Rub:
- 8 tablespoons light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon jalapeno seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
For the Braising Liquid:
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
Step 1: Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Step 2: In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
Step 3: Place each slab of baby back ribs on a baking sheet.
Step 4: Ribs should be shiny side down. Sprinkle each side generously with the dry rub. Pat the dry rub into the meat. Refrigerate the ribs for a minimum of 1 hour.
Step 5: In a microwavable container, combine all ingredients for the braising liquid. Microwave on high for 1 minute.
Step 6: Pour half of the braising liquid on the ribs. Tilt the baking sheet in order to equally distribute the braising liquid. Braise the ribs in the oven for 2 1/2 hours.
Step 7: Transfer the braising liquid into a medium saucepot. Bring the liquid to a simmer and reduce by half or until of a thick syrup consistency.
Step 8: Brush the glaze onto the ribs. Place under the broiler just until the glaze caramelizes lightly.
Step 9: Slice each slab into 2 rib bone portions. Place the remaining hot glaze into a bowl and toss the rib portions in the glaze.