Seared Sea Scallops
Adapted from Cooking Light, September 2002
Makes 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Fresh parsley sprigs (optional)
Step 1: Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add scallops. Seal bag, and shake to coat.
Step 2: Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; keep warm.
Step 3: Add wine and vinegar to pan; cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring with a whisk.
Step 4: Stir in scallops; remove from heat. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.