Salmon with a Breadcrumb, Olive and Sun-Dried Tomato Crust
Adapted from Bon Appetit, December 1999
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives or other brine-cured black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 5-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 5- to 6-ounce salmon fillets
Step 1: Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix black and green olives, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, butter, rosemary and thyme in medium bowl.
Step 2: Mix in 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, then breadcrumbs. If mixture is too dry, you may add some olive oil.
Step 3: Butter large baking sheet. Place salmon fillets on prepared sheet. Spread 1 teaspoon mustard over each fillet. Pack 1/4 of breadcrumb mixture onto each mustard-coated fillet.
Step 4: Bake until fillets are just opaque in center, about 12 minutes.