- Breakfast, Brunch, and Eggs
- Fish and Shellfish
- Meats and Poultry
- Pasta and Rice
- Pizza, Flatbreads, and Savory Tarts
- Sides and Vegetables
- Soup, Salads, and Stews
Green Glowing Smoothie
Submitted by administrator on Sun, 01/20/2013 - 07:07
Here is another smoothie recipe that I found on the Vitamix website. This smoothie contains lots of good nutrients and has just about everything in it except the kitchen sink. While you can get a concentrated dose of your daily allowance of fruits and vegetables, this one is an acquired taste and not my favorite. If you can acquire a taste for it and are able to drink one of these a day, it will be sure to detoxify your body.
Makes 4 servings
Adapted from Vitamix.com
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups (360-480 ml) water
- 3/4 pound (340 g) organic romaine lettuce, rough chopped, about 1 head
- 1/2 head large bunch or 3/4 small bunch organic spinach
- 3 to 4 organic celery stalks, halved
- 1 organic apple, cored, quartered
- 1 organic pear, cored, quartered
- 1 organic banana, peeled
- 1/2 fresh organic lemon, peeled, seeded
- 1/3 bunch organic cilantro with stems (optional)
- 1/3 bunch organic parsley with stems (optional)
Step 1: Place water, romaine, spinach, celery, cilantro and parsley, if using, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1.
Step 2: Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 8. Blend for 30 seconds or until smooth. Stop machine and remove lid.
Step 3: Add apple, pear, banana and lemon juice to the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid. Select Variable 1.
Step 4: Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.