- Breakfast, Brunch, and Eggs
- Candy and Snacks
- Banana Toffee Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream
- Blueberry Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Cardamom Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream
- Coconut Cupcakes with Lime Filling and Coconut Buttercream
- Devil's Food Cupcakes with Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting
- Double Shot Mocha Latte Cupcakes
- German Chocolate Cupcakes
- Limoncello Cupcakes with Limoncello Buttercream
- Martha Stewart's Tiramisu Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting
- Pistachio Cardamom Cupcakes with Italian Meringue Buttercream
- Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Pumpkin or Dark Rum Cream Cheese Frosting
- Red Velvet Valentine Cupcakes
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes with Chocolate Toffee Crumble
- Salted Caramel Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Buttercream Frosting
- Triple Coconut Cupcakes filled with a Rum-Infused Coconut Custard
- Triple Salted Caramel Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cupcakes with White Chocolate Vanilla Buttercream
- White Velvet Butter Cupcakes with Raspberry or Strawberry Buttercream
- Woody's Lemon Luxury Cupcakes
- Frostings and Fillings
- Pies and Tarts
- Souffles, Custards, Puddings, Ice Cream, and Frozen Desserts
- Fish and Shellfish
- Meats and Poultry
- Pasta and Rice
- Pizza, Flatbreads, and Savory Tarts
- Sides and Vegetables
- Soup, Salads, and Stews
Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting
Submitted by administrator on Sun, 06/05/2011 - 20:55
Adapted from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes
Makes 18 to 20 cupcakes
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup natural, creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped salted roasted peanuts
- 1 recipe for Peanut Butter Frosting
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
Step 2: Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Step 3: With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy (cream up to 5 minutes). Reduce speed to low.
Step 4: Mix in peanut butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until each is incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Mix in vanilla.
Step 5: Gradually add flour mixture, beat until just combined. Mix in sour cream and peanuts.
Step 6: Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filing each three-quarters full.
Step 7: Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until golden and a cake tester inserted in the centers comes out clean, about 22 minutes.
Step 8: Transfer tins to wire racks to cool completely before removing cupcakes. Once cupcakes are cool, frost tops with peanut butter frosting. Decorated cupcakes will keep, covered and refrigerated, for up to 2 days.