Joyce Grandinetti's Chocolate Crinkles
Makes 66 cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (chopped).
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or hazelnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Step 1: In bowl, mix flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt.
Step 2: Melt chocolate and butter, stirring; cool.
Step 3: In mixing bowl, mix chocolate mixture and sugar and beat on slow speed to blend. Beat in eggs one at a time, then vanilla.
Step 4: Beat in flour mixture. Stir in chips and nuts.
Step 5: Cover, refrigerate overnight. Let dough rest for 10 minutes before rolling next day. Roll level tablespoons into 1” balls; roll in sifted powdered sugar.
Step 6: Spray baking sheet and place balls 2” apart. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 12 to 14 minutes until tops crack. Store in airtight container for up to two weeks.