Sun-Dried Tomato Bread
Ingredients for 2-lb loaf
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or oil from oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes)
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil leaves (or 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves)
- 2 teaspoons rapid-rise yeast
- 1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
Step 1: Place all ingredients, except tomatoes in bread machine in order specified above. Spoon tomatoes into 4 corners of pan; do not cover yeast.
Step 2: Program basic dough cycle; press start.
Step 3: Remove risen dough from bread machine pan. Roll to desired loaf shape and place in greased bread pan. Cover and let raise until dough is 1 inch above the pan (approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour).
Step 4: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until internal temperature of bread is 195 degrees. The bread is done when you tap the top and hear a hollow sound.