- Banana Streusel Bread
- Bran Muffins
- Buttermilk Biscuits
- Buttermilk White Bread
- Cheryl's Ultimate Blueberry Muffins
- Cinnamon Rolls
- English Muffins
- French Bread with Olive Oil, Dark Chocolate, and Sea Salt
- Fritti (Italian Deep-Fried Yeast Doughnuts)
- Pain Brioche
- Pains au Chocolat (Chocolate Croissants)
- Pane di Pasqua (Easter Bread)
- Pumpkin Bread
- Rudy's Delicious Pecan Caramel Rolls
- Rudy's Italian Bread
- Strawberry-Basil Muffins
- Sugar-Glazed Doughnuts
- Sun-Dried Tomato Bread
- Toasted Almond Scones
- Zucchini Bread
- Breakfast, Brunch, and Eggs
- Fish and Shellfish
- Meats and Poultry
- Pasta and Rice
- Pizza, Flatbreads, and Savory Tarts
- Sides and Vegetables
- Soup, Salads, and Stews
Rudy's Delicious Pecan Caramel Rolls
Submitted by administrator on Fri, 11/04/2011 - 06:35
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
For the Topping:
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup pecans (whole or coarsely chopped as preferred)
Step 1: In large mixing bowl, combine 3 cups flour, yeast, 1/2 cup sugar and salt; mix well.
Step 2: In saucepan, heat milk, water and butter until warm (120-130 degrees butter does not need to melt) and add to flour mixture. Add eggs. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
Step 3: By hand, gradually stir in enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead on floured board until smooth and elastic, 5 to 8 minutes. Place into greased bowl, turning to grease top.
Step 4: Cover; let rise in warm place until double about one hour.
Step 5: To prepare filling: Combine 1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
Step 6: To prepare topping: In small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Heat and stir until blended. Divide topping between 2 greased 13x9 inch cake pans or four loaf pans. Sprinkle with pecans.
Step 7: Punch down dough. Divide into 2 parts. On lightly floured surface roll each half to a 15x12 inch rectangle. Spread with 2 tablespoons softened butter; sprinkle half of filling over dough. Starting with shorter side, roll up tightly. Pinch edge to seal.
Step 8: Cut into 12 slices. Place on topping in pan.
Step 9: Cover and let rise in warm place until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
Step 10: Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Cover pans with foil; then invert onto racks. Cool 1 minute; remove pans and cool.