Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup All Bran or Raisin Bran cereal
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cups raisins or nuts, optional
Step 1: Stir the bran, milk, applesauce, oil, and egg together.
Step 2: Stir together the dry ingredients.
Step 3: Add the bran mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring together just to moisten.
Step 4: Scoop into muffin liners, about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way full.
Step 5: Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Raisin or nuts are optional.