Stuffed Mushrooms Parmigiano
- 24 medium mushrooms with stems
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 ounces pepperoni, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bread or cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Step 2: Clean mushrooms and remove stems from caps. Finely chop stems.
Step 3: In a large frying pan, saute stems, onion, green pepper, pepperoni, and garlic in butter for five minutes. Add all other ingredients, except mushroom caps, and stir over heat for one minute.
Step 4: Stuff caps with the mixture.
Step 5: Place in a pan and bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Serve warm in a chafing dish.