Prosciutto-Wrapped Medjool Dates Stuffed with Cheese
Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 Medjool dates (12 ounces), pitted
- 8 thin slices prosciutto, halved lengthwise
Step 1: In a small bowl, mix together the cheeses and basil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Step 2: Gently pull the dates apart and stuff with about 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese mixture. Close the dates around the filling. Wrap a piece of prosciutto around each date.
Step 3: Bake at 350 F for 10-15 minutes or until the meat is crispy.
Step 4: Arrange the stuffed dates on a platter and serve.