Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Goat Cheese
Adapted from Chef Jose Andres
- 2 tablespoons finely diced shallots
- 1 scallion (white part only), thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons aged Spanish sherry vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (13.75 ounces; 16 peppers) piquillo peppers, drained
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
Step 1: Whisk shallots, scallion, 4 tablespoons olive oil and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Slice open the top of each pepper to create a pocket. Spoon cheese into peppers, dividing it equally among them.
Step 3: Heat a large frying pan over medium heat; add 2 tablespoons of oilve oil. Cook peppers, flipping once, until cheese begins to melt, about 30 seconds each side. Transfer to a platter.
Step 4: Sprinkle with parsley and thyme. Drizzle dressing over peppers and serve.