- Aunt Joyce's Blue Cheese Ball
- Cheddar Cornmeal Icebox Crackers
- Creamy Artichoke Dip
- Croquetas de Pollo
- Empanada Dough
- Fresh Fig, Mascarpone, and Pesto Torte
- Goat Cheese Crostini with Orange and Black Pepper Marmalade
- Goat Cheese Souffles in Phyllo Cups with Frisee Salad
- Herbed Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Crostini
- Involtini di Melanzane
- Mahro’s Hummus
- Martha Stewart's Spicy Chicken Empanadas
- Mini Sweet Peppers Stuffed with Herbed Goat Cheese
- Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- Parmesan-Rosemary Icebox Crackers
- Patatas Bravas
- Pesto Arancini
- Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Medjool Dates Stuffed with Cheese
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Scallops with Romesco Sauce
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Salmon Rillettes
- Seared Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Roncal Cheese
- Spicy Meat Empanadas
- Stuffed Mushrooms Parmigiano
- Stuffed Vegetables Genovese Style (Ripieni all'Antica)
- Thomas Keller's Smoked and Steamed Salmon Rillettes
- Tyler Florence's Crab Dip with Garlic Saltines and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Breakfast, Brunch, and Eggs
- Fish and Shellfish
- Meats and Poultry
- Pasta and Rice
- Pizza, Flatbreads, and Savory Tarts
- Sides and Vegetables
- Soup, Salads, and Stews
Involtini di Melanzane
Submitted by administrator on Sat, 05/28/2011 - 08:01
Adapted from Mario Batali: Molto Italiano: 327 Simple Italian Recipes to Cook at Home
- 2 1/4 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 3 medium eggplants, sliced lengthwise into 1/3-inch thick slices
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 large egg
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups simple red sauce
- 1/4 cup whole parsley leaves
Step 1: In a 10- to 12-inch saute pan, heat 2 cups olive oil over medium-high heat until it reaches 370°F.
Step 2: Add the eggplant slices 3 or 4 at a time and fry, turning once, until soft and light golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Step 3: Preheat oven to 375°F.
Step 4: In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, scallions, and nutmeg and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 5: Lay the eggplant slices out on a work surface and place 1 tablespoon of ricotta filling at the base of each slice. Roll the eggplant up around the filling to form a neat roll and set seam side down on the work surface.
Step 6: Lightly oil the baking dish just large enough to hold the eggplant roll-ups. Put the sauce into the dish and place the rolls seam side down in the sauce. Bake until the cheese starts to melt out of the rolls about 15 minutes.
Step 7: Drizzle with the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil, sprinkle with parsley and serve.