Herbed Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Crostini
Adapted from Tyler Florence: Tyler's Ultimate: Brilliant Food to Make Any Time
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 8-ounce log soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 baguette
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Step 1: Combine thyme, parsley, tarragon and mint leaves on cutting board and chop them finely together.
Step 2: Unwrap log of goat cheese and roll it in the chopped herbs, pressing the herbs to adhere. Preheat oven to 350 F.
Step 3: Cut baguette into thin crostini-style slices and drizzle with a little olive oil and bake 5 to 7 minutes, until lightly browned and crisp. Let baguette slices cool.
Step 4: Top each crostini with slice of herbed goat cheese. Top with sun-dried tomato and garnish with fresh basil leaves. Makes 16 to 20.