- Aunt Joyce's Blue Cheese Ball
- Cheddar Cornmeal Icebox Crackers
- Creamy Artichoke Dip
- Croquetas de Pollo
- Empanada Dough
- Fresh Fig, Mascarpone, and Pesto Torte
- Goat Cheese Crostini with Orange and Black Pepper Marmalade
- Goat Cheese Souffles in Phyllo Cups with Frisee Salad
- Herbed Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Crostini
- Involtini di Melanzane
- Mahro’s Hummus
- Martha Stewart's Spicy Chicken Empanadas
- Mini Sweet Peppers Stuffed with Herbed Goat Cheese
- Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- Parmesan-Rosemary Icebox Crackers
- Patatas Bravas
- Pesto Arancini
- Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Goat Cheese
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Medjool Dates Stuffed with Cheese
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Scallops with Romesco Sauce
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Salmon Rillettes
- Seared Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Roncal Cheese
- Spicy Meat Empanadas
- Stuffed Mushrooms Parmigiano
- Stuffed Vegetables Genovese Style (Ripieni all'Antica)
- Thomas Keller's Smoked and Steamed Salmon Rillettes
- Tyler Florence's Crab Dip with Garlic Saltines and Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- Breakfast, Brunch, and Eggs
- Fish and Shellfish
- Meats and Poultry
- Pasta and Rice
- Pizza, Flatbreads, and Savory Tarts
- Sides and Vegetables
- Soup, Salads, and Stews
Goat Cheese Crostini with Orange and Black Pepper Marmalade
Submitted by administrator on Sat, 05/28/2011 - 07:07
- 8 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 4 oranges, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 18 1/2-inch-thick slices French or raisin baguette, toasted
Step 1: Place goat cheese in small bowl. Finely grate 1 teaspoon peel from 1 orange; stir peel into cheese.
Step 2: Using vegetable peeler, remove peel (orange part only) in strips from remaining 3 oranges.
Step 3: Cut peel into 1/8- to 1/4-inch pieces and place in medium saucepan.
Step 4: Using small sharp knife, cut white pith from all 4 oranges. Working over another small bowl to catch juices, cut between orange membranes to release segments. Squeeze any remaining juice from membranes into bowl. Discard membranes.
Step 5: Coarsely chop orange segments and add to saucepan along with any juices. Add juices from bowl to saucepan.
Step 6: Stir in honey and 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper. Bring to boil over medium-high heat and cook uncovered until thick and reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
Step 7: Cool. Season with more ground black pepper to taste and with fresh lemon juice, if desired. Cheese and marmalade can be made 1 day ahead; cover separately and chill. Bring to room temperature before assembling crostini.
Step 8: Top toasted baguette slices with goat cheese, then marmalade. Place crostini on platter and serve